Our pilot of the new Blackboard Learn system continues to proceed without any major challenges or issues. We are optimistic that WIT will indeed be launching the new Blackboard learning system in time for the September 2012 semester start.
We are grateful for our fabulous pilot group of faculty and students who have helped us refine some of the tools and pointed out areas for documentation and training support. Thank you to Ali Moazed, Paloma Valverde, Doug Dow, Robert Cowherd, Cindy Stevens, and Joan Giblin for using Bb Learn with their students this summer!
So what’s next? Below are the major July milestones that the project team is working on.
- Migration of Bb Vista Courses: Throughout the month of July DTS, Learning and Development, and UMass Online are working together to migrate a year’s worth of Bb Vista courses into the new Bb Learn site. By having your previous courses available to you, you will be able to copy and reuse your course content in the new Learn system, ideally helping with the transition.
- Creation of faculty and student accounts: Throughout July DTS is working on the creation of faculty and student accounts for the new system. Account access information will be mailed out the first full week of August.
- Creation of login page and branding of the site: Learning and Development, working with Web Services, is making sure the “front door” of our site is ready for students and faculty.
- Course Request Form updates: The DTS team is working to update the course request form to be synchronized with the new system.
- Documentation and Training Webinar Schedule: Learning and Development will be releasing a webinar schedule for July within the next week. These webinars are designed to show the new features and tools in Bb Learn. A face-to-face workshop and training schedule will be available beginning August 6th.
Our goal is to have the new Bb Learn available for faculty to begin work in no later than August 10th.